The public waitlist page is a unique URL for a web page that is assigned to your account, and has
a number of features and benefits. Whenever a customer is added to the waitlist in the Waitlist
Me application, they get a text message confirming that they have been added to the list. There
is also a link to the public waitlist so the customer can check their place in line from their
phone. They will see a status message at the top of the page and their initials will be
highlighted in the list.
The public waitlist makes it easy for people to estimate their remaining wait without having to
ask, and saves you time. It also helps them track when their turn is getting closer so they can
be nearby when you are ready for them. If a customer decides they aren’t coming, they can press
on the Cancel link to let you know and a message will appear in Waitlist Me so you know to remove
them from the list.
You can also use the public waitlist page as a public display at your business. Just put the URL
into a browser on a computer monitor or IP TV with an internet connection, and people can easily
check for their name or initials on the screen.
Waitlist Me Premium includes several simple settings for customizing the way your public waitlist
- Customize URL
– Change the default URL to one that includes your business name
- Name Display
– Choose to show customer initials, full name, first name only, or last name
- Time Display
– Show the wait time as the minutes waited, minutes remaining, the actual time
they were added to the list, or hide the time column altogether
- Size Display
– Choose whether to show the customer group size column or not
- Table Headers
– Enter custom labels for the text columns or use icons
- Status Messages
– If you don’t want status messages to appear at the top you can hide them
With Waitlist Me Pro, you can personalize the public page to your brand by editing the status
messages, changing the colors of the page, and adding custom messaging and HTML to the bottom of
- Personalize the page look and feel by changing the page and table colors.
- You can also customize the public waitlist page to give customers information about daily specials, coupons or your loyalty program that they can check out while they wait. In the Settings or your online account, you can add text or any HTML to the bottom of your public page and preview it on the customize page. When you want it to go live, just click “Publish”. In the example below the HTML would display an image (which would be hosted on another website) and link to a loyalty program.
Here is how the public waitlist page would look with the above example.
– The messages that display at the top of the page make it easy for
customers to check their place in line, know when it is their turn, and cancel if they decide to
- Waitlist Message
– This shows when a customer is in a waiting state and the default message is
“You are number [order] on the waitlist, and have waited [time_waited] minutes” (where [order] is
their place in line and [time_waited] shows the minutes waited)
- Ready Message
– Once you notify a customer, their public page changes to “We are ready for
you! Please come by as soon as possible” and gives them options to indicate they are coming or
- Finish Message – Served
– After you have checked a person off the list the message changes
to “You are no longer on the waitlist” and the list of customers waiting disappears. You could
customize this message to add something about enjoying their meal or suggest leaving a positive
review on Yelp.
- Finish Message – Removed
– If you remove a customer from the list, meaning they didn’t end
up joining you, the default message is also “You are no longer on the waitlist” but you could
change it to something related to being sorry they weren’t able to join.
- Response Links
– If you don’t want people to be able to cancel or indicate they are on
their way through the public waitlist, you can remove these links